Commercial Property Insurance

in Norwich, Norfolk and Ipswich, Suffolk

Commercial Insurance for your Property

Commercial Buildings Insurance is designed to meet the requirements of all types of commercial building landlords - from individuals who own one or two commercial buildings to large commercial concerns with sizeable building investment portfolios.

Our insurance policies protects your property against a wide range of contingencies including fire, theft, storm, flood and impact. Your insurance cover can also be extended to include landlords contents, property owners liability and loss of rent cover as well as additional contingencies such as subsidence and terrorism cover.

Any premises used for business purposes – from warehouses to offices, workshops to surgeries – and their contents will need to be covered against the unexpected such as:

  • Fire
  • Flood
  • Theft
  • Vandalism or malicious damage

Our team of experts will visit you personally or take your details over the phone to discuss what is important to your business and arrange for the right level of cover, according to your needs.

We work with all of the main UK insurers so we can offer expert advice to ensure your business is well protected. For the peace of mind that you have the right commercial insurance cover for your property, please give us a call on 01603 954841, send us an email or pop in and see us. Get in touch today!

What does commercial property insurance cover?

Commercial property insurance covers the cost of repairing or rebuilding your commercial property if it is damaged or destroyed by an event such as a fire, flood, storm, or theft. It can also cover the cost of replacing your business's contents, such as furniture, equipment, and inventory. It will usually include cover for your legal liability as the owner of the property and can include cover for loss of rental income following an insured peril.

What is commercial property insurance?

Commercial property insurance is a type of insurance that protects businesses from financial losses due to damage to their property or contents. It is an important type of insurance for any business, as it can help to protect your business's assets and ensure that you can continue to operate if something happens to your property.

Who is responsible for buildings insurance on a commercial property?

The owner of the commercial property is typically responsible for buildings insurance. However, in some cases, the landlord or even tenant may be responsible for buildings insurance. This will depend on the terms of the lease and tenancy agreements in place and we would highly recommend discussing your legal obligations with a solicitor.

Who needs commercial property insurance?

Any business or individual that owns or leases commercial property should consider getting commercial property insurance. Whether you have one property or several hundred, we can tailor a solution to meet your needs.

How is commercial property insurance calculated and what factors affect cost?

The cost will vary depending on a number of factors, including the value of the property, the type of business, the location of the property, its construction, and the level of coverage you choose.

Do I need commercial property insurance?

It is not legally required for businesses to have commercial property insurance. However, it is a wise investment for any business that wants to protect its assets and ensure that it can continue to provide revenue should something happen to the property.

Does commercial property insurance cover fire?

Yes, this insurance typically covers fire damage. However, there may be some exclusions, such as damage caused by arson or war.

What types of properties are typically covered under commercial property insurance?

Commercial property insurance can typically be used to cover a wide range of properties, including office buildings, retail stores, warehouses, factories, pubs, restaurants, schools and even hospitals.

Are there different types of commercial property insurance policies available?

Yes, there are a number of different types of commercial property insurance policies available, although many will provide similar types of cover. The type of policy you need will depend on your specific requirements.

Can I customize my commercial property insurance policy to meet the specific needs of my business?

Yes, you can typically customize your commercial property insurance policy to meet your specific needs. This may include adding or removing coverages, increasing or decreasing the level of coverage, and setting an appropriate excess.

As your broker of choice, we will usually:

  • Get quotes from multiple insurers.
  • Compare the different policies and coverages offered by each insurer and discuss these with you.
  • Make sure you understand the terms and conditions of each policy.
  • Review your policy at least annually to make sure it still meets your needs.

Commercial property insurance can provide peace of mind and financial protection for you and your business. By comparing quotes and choosing the right policy, we can help ensure that you have adequate protection in place in the event of an unexpected event.

Contact Us