Goods in Transit

in Norwich, Norfolk and Ipswich, Suffolk

Goods In Transit Insurance

If you are carrying other peoples goods, known as Hire and Reward, you need to ensure that you have these covered against accidental damage or loss and this is quite often a requirement within the delivery contract.

This cover is particularly essential for certain trades such as Couriers or Haulage, as it allows you to carry your customers goods or cargo, with the peace of mind that they are covered in the event they lost, stolen or damaged.

There are varying levels of cover available depending on the type of cargo carried, the frequency and conditions of carriage - our specialist advisors can discuss your needs to ensure that you have the policy to meet your needs.

  • Specified Vehicle
  • Unspecified/Fleet Goods in Transit
  • All Risks
  • RHA Conditions
  • Hazardous Goods
  • Goods left in vehicle overnight cover

Public and/or Employers Liability can also be included on Goods in Transit policies if required and not covered elsewhere already.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do I legally have to take out Goods in Transit insurance?

Although it is not a legal requirement to take out Goods in Transit insurance, it is good financial sense as the goods transported are not your own. Also, you may be contractually obligated to have Goods in Transit cover in force if you are delivering for companies such as DPD, Amazon etc.

  • Can I cover multiple vehicles under a Goods in Transit policy?

Yes, Goods in Transit insurance can be arranged for multiple vehicles on a specified or unspecified vehicle basis.

  • Do I have any cover for Goods in Transit under my van's Motor Insurance policy?

Although some motor policies may include a element of Goods in Transit cover, this is generally only up to a very low limit which may be insufficient for your needs.

Contact Us