Tradesman Insurance

Skilled tradesmen, such as carpenters, plumbers and electricians are exposed to a wide range of hazards at work and need to ensure that they are properly protected.

For tradesmen, the stakes are also potentially higher than in other sectors as the physical nature of the work, coupled with dangerous equipment means accidents frequently occur.

If you own a business carrying out work related to building, electrics, plastering, plumbing or roofing, you are strongly recommended to take out a Public Liability Insurance and/or Employers Liability Insurance policy to protect against claims made by customers, the public, staff or sub-contractors. Many customers require proof of certification of public liability insurance.

With our comprehensive range of cover available, you can rest assured that we will find the insurance policy at a highly competitive price that will give you maximum cover and protect for you and your business.

We have extensive knowledge and experience of a variety of different Insurers and their policies. We can provide you with full advice on liabilities so let our team of insurance brokers discuss your particular business needs and arrange the right level of cover to ensure you are fully protected.

We work with all of the main UK insurers so we can offer expert advice to ensure your business is well protected. For the peace of mind that you have the right business insurance cover please give us a call on 01603 954 841, send us an email or pop in and see us. Drayton Insurance Services are based, within the Suffolk, Norfolk & East Anglia region.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do I need Public Liability Insurance?

Although it is not a legal requirement, Public Liability insurance should be considered essential for any business to cover against costs incurred should a third party be injured injure themselves or have their property damaged as a result of your business activities where you could be found to be at fault.

  • Do I need Employers Liability Insurance?

Employers Liability insurance is a legal requirement if you have employees, volunteers or certain sub-contractors, as you have a duty of care and could be held liable if they are injured as a result of working for you.

  • What other covers can I add to a Tradesman Policy?

Whilst the core of a Tradesman policy is cover for Liability, you can add additional covers such as Personal Accident, Tools, Contract Works & Plant Machinery or Legal Expenses.

Contact Us