Salhouse Makes It 3 Wins In 3!

Posted 20/02/2017

Salhouse were looking to continue their unbeaten run in the league against Silver Fox at Thieves Lane this weekend.

Several changes from the side at Binham saw Adam Linkhorn return to the side following an injury. The game started with Salhouse looking the more threatening. Ryan Tebble and Adam Linkhorn linking up well down the right-hand side, but no one was able to get to the final ball. Ten minutes in, Silver Fox battled their way back into the game slightly but several long balls over the top from them were easily gathered by goalkeeper Michael Ward. Henry Lee-Warder along with his counterpart Sam Lincoln made some excellent interceptions. There was certainly nothing pretty about the first half with neither keeper really being troubled. Hayden Cook picked up a knock and Sam Woods replaced him in an unfamiliar Central Midfield roll. On 35 minutes Seb Clarke burst into to box but blasted the ball over the bar. Shortly after, Salhouse had their best chance at going 1-0 much to their surprise. A back-pass from a Silver Fox defender was swung at by their keeper who miss-timed hitting the ball which saw it roll backwards towards the goal. Billy Cunningham seemed to be in slow motion when reacting to the loose ball and it trickled just over the bi-line for a corner before he could get to it. That brought closure to the first half which Salhouse really should have capitalised on when Silver Fox went down to 10 men due to injury.

HT Salhouse 0 – 0 Silver Fox

The second half started in the same way the first half finished, with both teams battling in the midfield but neither able to create a glancing opportunity. Salhouse then began to dominate play with some clever passing in through the midfield and into the wide areas. It appeared that Silver Fox were tiring due to lack of resources which let Salhouse create further chances. Linkhorn picked up a yellow card when a free kick was given against him for handball. He followed through and kicked the ball away in anger. The best chance of the game fell to Adam Wengrow on 60 minutes who found himself with the ball at his feet from 5 yards, but fired straight at the keeper, he then got a second opportunity at the rebound but somehow the keeper stuck out a leg and made a fantastic save to keep Silver Fox in the game. Wengrow could not believe that he had missed another opportunity like that and was reliving the nightmare of the Senior Cup Quarter Final.

Fortunately, that was put behind him when a free kick was awarded to Salhouse down the left-hand side which was in-swung in by Billy Cunningham to meet the head of Ryan Tebble who put away to ease the tension in the game. Suddenly the game opened up as Silver Fox tried to push quickly for an equaliser. A 50-yard pass from Cunningham in route one fashion was met by Ryan Tebble again who cutely dinked the ball over the Silver Fox keeper to make the score 2-0 in quick succession. Again, Salhouse pushed and created more chances. Wengrow hit one from the 18-yard box on his weaker side which narrowly went over the bar. Another fantastic ball into the box by Cunningham narrowly missed the outstretched foot of newly signed Lewis Nabarro.

Robert Armes then came on to replace Sam Woods who put in a fine shift in midfield. Armes was a breath of fresh air being able to come straight in and start running at Silver Fox defenders who were looking fatigued by this point. It was long before he made an impact running to the bi-line and putting in a dangerous cross which was cleared by Silver Fox. Moments later he made a run down the right-hand side and found Wengrow 30 yards from goal who convincingly nestled the ball in the top left hand corner, making up for his early mishap. It was then all Salhouse from that point but when the ball fell inside the Salhouse box, Tebble mistimed a clearance and leathered his foot into a Silver Fox player’s chest giving referee Adrian George no choice but to award a penalty. Michael Ward got a hand to it but the penalty was too powerful and Silver Fox pulled one back making the score 3-1. Another long ball 5 minutes from time assured the win for Salhouse when Linkhorn found Seb Clarke in what was another 50-yard long ball who calmly netted passed a static Silver Fox Keeper. A fantastic result in a game which was closely tied for some time.

FT Salhouse 4 – 1 Silver Fox


Robert Anderson (Bob)


Michael Ward

Sam Lincoln

Henry Lee Warder

Sam Woods

Ryan Tebble (2)

Seb Clarke (1)

Hayden Cook

Billy Cunningham

Lewis Nabarro

Adam Wengrow (1)

Ruben Fisher

Adam Linkhorn

Robert Armes

*Goal scorers shown as (*)


Adrian George

Back to Latest News Get a Quote
Left arrow